Databases offer a method by which you can manage large amounts of information easily over the web. They are necessary to run many web-based applications (for example, bulletin boards, content management systems, and online retail shops).
To create a database follow the steps below:
- Click the MySQL databases icon
Create a database
- In the New Database text box, enter a name for the database.
- Click Create Database.
- Click Go Back. The new database appears in the Current Databases table.
- Add a new user
- Enter a username
- Enter and confirm a password
- Click Create user
- Add a user to a database
- Select the user and the database from the User and Database menus.
- Click Add. Select the privileges that you wish to grant to the user.
- Click Make Changes.
To manipulate MySQL databases you can use phpMyAdmin, a third-party tool that is widely used by database administrators and well supported by hosting providers.
- In the cPanel home interface find the Database section
- Click the phpMyAdmin icon
- Here you can perform a wide range of operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc)