cPanel security tools allow the customers to protect different parts of their web sites from unauthorized access. The Security section in cPanel includes the following tools :
- Password Protect Directories
- IP Address Deny Manager
- SSL/TSL Manager
- SSH/Shell Access
- HotLink Protection
- Leech Protect
- GnuPG Keys
The features in this interface allow you to generate and manage SSL certificates, signing requests, and keys, all of which enhance your website's security. They are useful for websites that regularly work with sensitive information, such as login credentials and credit card numbers. Encryption makes it difficult for malicious users to intercept communications between visitors and your website.
- Click the Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys link
- Select the Key size from the dropdown list
- Click the Generate button
- Click the Return to SSL manager button (bottom)
- Click the Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests link
- Fill out the form then click Generate
- Once you have the certificate you must upload the file or paste in as text in the textfield.
A hotlink occurs when someone embeds content from your site in another site and uses your bandwidth to serve the files. You can use this interface to prevent this issue.To enable hotlink protection, perform the following steps:
- Click Enable.
- To allow specific sites to hotlink to your site, add their URLs to the List the URLs to which you wish to allow access list.
- To block direct access to files of specific types, add those file extensions to the Block direct access for the following extensions list.
- To allow visitors access to specific content through the URL, select the Allow direct requests option.
- To redirect requests for certain content, enter the URL to which you want to redirect your visitor in the Redirect the request to the following URL text box.
- Click Submit.